Standard subsea accumulators come with NPT or other threaded connections that are used to attach the accumulator to a manifold. When used on BOP stacks, these connections sometimes leak – resulting in a stack pull. We offer replacement accumulator poppet designs that utilize a modified Code 62 SAE connection. The connection uses a radial seal that is more reliable than threaded connections.
Benefits and Features
- Improved reliability and less downtime
- Radial seal between manifold and accumulator
- Improved spring with less chance of hydrogen embrittlement
- Poppet valve resistant to galling
- Can be custom built for all types of accumulators